Air Fryer Broccoli recipe #1
The Recipe : Air fryer broccoli recipe
If you’re keen on roasted vegetables, this air fryer broccoli recipe was destined to satisfy you. It tastes a bit like your classic roasted broccoli but with much less effort . Once you are trying this air fryer broccoli recipe, you’ll never return to oven roasted broccoli.
We’ve been making Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables for years, and its savory-roasty flavors never disappoint. While the oven is unparalleled for an outsized batch diversity of vegetables, the air fryer works wonders for super quick broccoli florets that taste like they’ve been oven roasted.
Here are a couple of tips to make sure that the simplest air fryer broccoli emerges from your air fryer in only 6 short minutes:
Use broccoli florets that are cut/torn into roughly even-sized, small pieces. Think mini-florets. Your broccoli will begin with a soft, tender texture and nicely roasted edges.
Toss the broccoli florets along side seasonings (olive oil, garlic and onion powders, kosher salt, and black pepper) during a bowl before transferring to air fryer basket. this enables all the nooks and crannies of the air fryer broccoli are going to be full of flavor.
We use powdered garlic and onion in lieu of freshly chopped, because the powdered seasonings are much less likely to burn. Powdered seasonings also get into the nooks and crannies of the roasted broccoli florets perfectly.
Add just a touch (one tablespoon) of water to rock bottom of the air fryer; this helps keep air fryer broccoli tender and prevents burning.
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, cut/torn into toughly even, very-small pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional garnishes: fresh lemon slices, freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well to fully incorporate seasonings into the broccoli florets
- Pour 1 TB water into the bottom of air fryer pan (this helps prevent contents from smoking.)
- Add broccoli mixture evenly into the air fryer basket. Set to 400F for 6 minutes. Once timer goes off, immediately remove basket and serve. (Optional: sprinkle with a dash of fresh lemon juice or freshly grated parmesan cheese.)